Let’s face it: one of the pain points of cleaning a house is always the stairs. They get the most dirt and debris, which is awkward to clean with conventional vacuums. So, whether your stairs are made of hardwood, carpeted, or tiled, you need a handheld vacuum. This brings us to the question, what should you look for when buying a vacuum cleaner for stairs? Each brand is different, so you should understand the features. More specifically, you should pay attention to size, ease of use, suction power, attachments, and more. If you’re going for corded models, you should consider the reach. In this article, we’ll give an insight into the best vacuum for stairs.
10. NEQUARE Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
This is a premium hand-held vacuum suitable for those looking for an all-in-one tool.
- NEQUARE is powered by a 200W brushless motor that provides up to 18Kpa suction in max mode. When you turn it on, it starts with the standard gear, but once you activate the Max button, it can suck up everything, including hairs, dust, and crumbs. Another great feature is that you can use the vacuum on any type of surface.
- Design: The vacuum cleaner is portable, thanks to the lightweight design. Also, you get a 2-in-1 dusting brush, mini power brush; full-size multi-tasker LED power brush, hard bristle roller, and nozzle for crevices. This makes it easy to find and clean debris in hard-to-reach areas. When using the LED multi-tasker brush, the blue bar makes it easy to pick pet hair.
- Battery: NEQUARE is powered by Lithium-ion battery that delivers 18 minutes in high-suction mode and 35 minutes in low suction mode. You can switch to each of the modes by simply pressing a button. Keep in mind that the max mode gives 5 times more power than ordinary cordless vacuums.
- Carbon fibre filaments: NEQUARE comes with carbon fiber filaments that can capture dust and debris. Also, there’s a simple-to-use collection bag, so the user doesn’t have to get in touch with dirt. If entanglement occurs during cleaning, you simply cut the hair and continue cleaning.
- Noise-free: When you use the unit at a lower frequency, you expect a noise-free operation.
9. APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
APOSEN is an all-rounder machine that makes the tedious task of cleaning stairs a breeze.
- Design: The 4-in-1 design allows you to convert this unit from floor to a handheld vacuum. This gives you the flexibility no matter where you’re cleaning. On the other hand, the nozzle provides more suction power to help you clean every corner. Looking at the handle, anyone can hold the vacuum and clean the stairs. Keep in mind that the ergonomic design ensures the unit fits at the corner of the closet.
- Brushless motor: One thing that stands out about this vacuum is power suction. The 250-Watt brushless digital motor offers 18Kpa suction when in max mode. And this works on any type of floor, including tile, hardwood, or marble. More interestingly, the motor doesn’t produce noise irrespective of the working environment.
- Battery: Under the hood, you’ll find a 6×3.7v battery that provides a good running time of 18 minutes at max mode and 12 minutes at low mode.
- All-round cleaning: The brush head of the vacuum cleaner allows you to clean 180+90 degrees. What’s more, this unit is equipped with an LED floor brush so you can find dirt and debris when in the dark. When you buy this unit, you get a round brush, motorized cleaner head, adapter accessory bracket, removable metal rod, long flat nozzle, and wall-mounted docking system.
- Washable components: The vacuum cleaner comes with a 1.2L dust cup that gives enough room for your cleanings. Additionally, it has a filtration system that can remove up to 99.9% of dust particles. Of course, you don’t have to worry that the dust will block the ventilation holes.
- Motorized Floor head: It consists of soft bristles that are integrated to pick deeply embedded dirt and debris. Unlike the ordinary rug brush, you save up to 25% of cleaning time.
8. GeeMo Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Geemo vacuum cleaner is designed for all types of stairs, including the carpeted ones.
- Lightweight design: At just two pounds, this unit can be used almost anywhere. Geemo vacuum can be moved freely without tangled ropes, so you can be sure you’ll never get tired of cleaning.
- Quiet operation: The noise level of this cordless cleaner is estimated at 75 dB. This means that it’s quieter than other handheld vacuums in this category. Of course, the quiet operation means you can do the cleaning without disturbing the family.
- Extended gap nozzle: It helps to remove dirt and debris on delicate surfaces. The rubber nozzle can suck 100ml of liquid at a time, including coffee, milk, and other beverages.
- Washable components: The vacuum cleaner comes with a translucent dirt cup that is easy to clean and rinse in water. It’s also recommended that you clean the filter after every use. This will not only bring fresh air into the family but also extends the life of the vacuum cleaner.
- Serviceable attachments: You don’t have to worry if the cleaning liquid ends. The extended suction nozzle will help to clean the hard-to-reach areas, corners, and between the furniture.
7. GOOVI Hand Vacuum Cleaner
GOOVI is great at conquering a variety of everyday tasks. It’s available in white and black colors.
- Powerful motor: This unit is fitted with a 20W high power motor that provides super suction at maximum setting. It allows you to easily remove food residue and dust in your house or car.
- Battery: The vacuum comes with a 14.8V rechargeable lithium-ion battery that takes 4 hours to recharge fully. When at the maximum setting, you can clean your kitchen, living room, car, and bedroom without running out of juice. At full charge, you expect 20 minutes of running time.
- Lightweight: At just 2.64 lbs., this unit will allow you to clean the stairs stress-free. And because of its wireless design, you don’t have to deal with tangled cords. This improves cleaning efficiency and saves time.
- Easy Assembly: If you want to clean the vacuum, you simply press a button at the top. And to assemble the unit, you simply follow the instructions on the manufacturer’s manual.
- Multi-use attachments: This vacuum has a versatile design that makes it suitable for different occasions. It comes with a crevice tool that allows for all-round cleaning, especially the corners. A brush tool is also provided for deep cleaning on sofa and carpets.
6. HOMASY Portable Handheld Vacuum
HOMASY can go from bare floors to carpeted floors without missing a beat.
- Powerful suction: It comes with a powerful 8000PA strong cyclonic suction system capable of absorbing food debris, cigarette ashes, crumbs, pet hairs, and paper scraps. The powerful 500 W motor will clear even the small microns for all-round family protection.
- Washable filter: Homasy comes with a 3-stage filtration system that gives a remarkable dust-cleaning effect. Unlike the ordinary stainless glass steel filters, the non-woven filter can be detached and cleaned.
- All-round cleaning: This filter allows for 3 different types of attachments. Depending on your cleaning needs, you can attach a specific part and thoroughly clean the dust of stairs, sofa, and other hard-to-reach areas. And with the rubber jar attachment, you can suck up to 100 ml of liquid at a time. This guarantees an all-round cleaning for your home environment.
- Fast charge technology battery: This unit comes with intelligent power management technology so that you can charge the unit within 3-4 hours. And with the temperature protection feature, you don’t expect the unit to short-circuit. Another great feature is that the high-efficiency lithium battery lasts 5 times more than the conventional batteries.
- Lightweight design: HOMASY can be used by people of all ages thanks to its lightweight design. The balancing mechanics reduces pressure on the wrist of the user.
5. VacLife Handheld Vacuum
Despite the slim look, VacLife Vacuum cleaner allows you to reach every nook and cranny stress-free.
- Powerful motor: This unit is fitted with a powerful motor that does a great job of eliminating dirt and debris on the stairs. It’s powered by a Li-ion battery that gives up to 30 minutes of running time.
- Cordless design: The vacuum cleaner comes with 3 different nozzles to meet all your cleaning needs. Apart from the cordless design, it’s portable so you can use it in your car and around the sofa. And because it has a super bright LED, it works seamlessly in dark areas.
- HEPA filters: The filters are washable and durable. To ensure you’re ready for the next cleaning work, you should pay attention to the detachable cleaning cup.
4. Geemo Corded Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for a moderately-priced corded vacuum with premium features, you can’t go wrong with the Geemo vacuum.
- Suction power and washable filtration system: This model boasts of an outstanding 17000PA suction power. This is enough to pick debris on area rugs, carpets, and hard floors. Furthermore, it offers two cleaning modes. The filtration system improves air quality and captures debris.
- Swivel steering: Geemo vacuum is easy to maneuver around when you compare with other standard stick vacuums.
- Multi-angle flexible rotation: Because the brush head is easy to control, you can move it in whichever direction you want. And you do this without too much pressure.
3. MOOSOO Vacuum Cleaner
This is arguably the best vacuum for carpeted stairs. It allows you to use a variety of attachments to carry out different tasks.
- Washable HEPA and Filter: The HEPA filter of this unit can be detached and cleaned. This ensures the vacuum operates efficiently. The manufacturer recommends that you replace the filter after a month or two.
- Cleaning brush: The crevice nozzle works alongside the cleaning brush making your cleaning work faster. This is what you need to get to those hard-to-reach areas.
- Wall mount: If you have limited space in your house, you can hang the unit on a wall mount. It’s worth mentioning that the package comes with three screws and anchors. If you want to install the mount on wood, be sure to use the screws only.
2. Uplift Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This unit can be moved to every corner of the room without worrying about tangled cords.
- Suction power: This unit boasts of 120W ultra-high power motor that gives 7Kpa on the max mode. It works alongside a powerful battery that can last more than 30 minutes on a full charge. And because this vacuum has passed the ROHS and CE certification, it guarantees your safety.
- Vacuum Accessories: The uplift vacuum cleaner is versatile, thanks to the 3-in-1 vacuum accessories. The brush nozzle helps to pick human hair on the stairs while the extension hose cleans the hard-to-reach areas. Finally, the crevice nozzle eliminates trash in tight areas.
- Lightweight and durable design: This vacuum weighs 1.5lbs, which greatly eases your cleaning work. According to the manufacturer, the reusable stainless steel is 20 times durable than a normal filter. Once you buy the unit, you don’t have to worry about replacing the filter.
1. ORFELD Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner will quietly access all areas thanks to the versatile design.
- Suction power and battery life: ORFELD provides unmatched suction that eliminates dirt, debris, and pet hair with ease. It’s fitted with a premium Japanese battery that gives up to 50 minutes of runtime. The vacuum can clean an estimated area of 1 937.50 sq. Ft. This is twice what other cordless vacuums offer. But here is the catch – there are two power modes to suit your cleaning needs. When you set the unit on turbo mode, you can do the cleaning for 15-18 minutes. In normal mode, you can clean the stairs for 40-50 minutes before you run out of the battery juice.
- Lightweight design: Anyone can use this unit because it allows for one-hand cleaning. The exact weight can be likened to 4 bottles of Coca-Cola (empty).
- HEPA filtration system: The filtration system is made of stainless steel that lasts twice than the normal filters. Other than that, it provides better air for the ultimate cleaning experience. The HEPA filter is washable and recyclable.
The above vacuums come with unique features and specifications. Depending on your needs, you can rest assured that you’ll find a unit that suits you best. Whether you’re looking for a corded or cordless vacuum, you should choose an affordable product that doesn’t compromise on performance. It’s time you overcome all the nooks and crannies that hide on your stairs.