The importance of chewing cannot be downplayed after all; it is a vital part of eating right? Likewise, it holds similar significance when it comes to dogs or even more! For a dog, chewing works wonders in helping it keep orally healthy and surprisingly even mental health. It is a multi-purpose activity that allows dogs to clean their teeth, exercise the body and even keep the mind occupied.
A dog that has been chewing for some minutes will be less attracted to groping on your wallet or even other dirty items. Nonetheless, even with the reiterated importance, the catch is in what exactly it is chewing which begs the question, what are some of the things that a dog should chew?
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN PURCHASING FEER ANTLERS FOR DOGS:
- 1 8. Premium Deer All Natural Antler Dog Chews – WhiteTail Naturals Brand-
- 2 7. Best Bully Sticks Deer and Elk Antler (Grade-A) Dog Chews (1 Pack)
- 3 6. WhiteTail Naturals 3 Pack Brand Medium 5″ Deer Antler Dog Chews
- 4 5. Premium, Grade A, Deer Antler Dog Chews
- 5 4. 100% All Natural (Grade A) Premium Whole Antler Elk Chews (USA-made) by Downtown Pet Supply
- 6 3. Prairie Dog Pet Antler Toy Dog Split Products
- 7 2. Best Bully Sticks (Grade A) Deer and Elk Antler Dog Chews (1 Pack)
- 8 1. JimHodgesDogTraining Premium Quality (Grade A) Elk Antlers
Size: When going for dog antlers, it is important to ensure that they are sufficiently large to minimize incidents of the dog choking on it while trying to swallow it.
Sturdiness: Antlers are designed for dogs to chew without falling apart and as such, you should go for those antlers that are hard enough to sustain exposure to various locations and conditions without snapping or cracking
Price: Quality is most cases is directly associated with high prices although that is not always the case. For an animal that is considered man’s best friend and one that is heavily used for security purposes, parting with that extra dime to give it quality. Go for antlers that perfectly suit your needs while at the same time align with your budget.
Flavor: Most antlers come with a natural scent that is quite irresistible. Nonetheless, the market is also now filled with flavored ones which necessitate the careful selection of a flavor. Go for organic flavors which entice your dog and give it a wonderful chew time.
8. Premium Deer All Natural Antler Dog Chews – WhiteTail Naturals Brand-
A product from Texas, USA, white tail deer antlers is a wonderful product made devoid of preservatives or even additives. They are boosted with numerous minerals and are an amazing solution to the health of your pet’s teeth. They have been designed as sturdy and durable and as such do not in any way splinter. Moreover, this 8.4 x 3.5 x 0.8 inch antlers are mess free and subsequently odorless.
- Heavy duty and durable
- Mess and odor free
- Custom cut and sanded
- The package only contains 2 items.
7. Best Bully Sticks Deer and Elk Antler (Grade-A) Dog Chews (1 Pack)
Surprise your dog with one of the best treats by buying them an antler elk chew by Best Bully Stick and see an instant transformation; not just with their love for you, but also with their overall health. You don’t have to worry about side effects since it is an all-natural approved chew free of any additives or chemicals.
Made in the USA and, these naturally shed chews are boosted with multiple nutrients in the form of Zinc, Calcium, and Potassium. These sticks are odorless and mess-free making them convenient even for home use.
- Boosted with multiple nutrients
- Significantly huge giving you money worth
- Reasonably priced
- Odorless and mess free making them convenient for indoors
- Complaints of dangerous sharp edges
- Easily splits and splinters
- The makers offer awful customer service
6. WhiteTail Naturals 3 Pack Brand Medium 5″ Deer Antler Dog Chews
Medium size and coming in a pack of 3, these whitetail deer antlers have also formed the USA. They are all-natural antlers that have been made devoid of any preservatives or additives. Similar to all whitetail products, they boast an assortment of minerals and are wonderful for the health of your pet’s teeth. They have specially been made odorless and mess-free and have been custom cut, sanded and trimmed to ensure the safety and delight of your pet.
- Odor and mess free
- Boasts an assortment of minerals
- Are free of preservatives and additives
- Several complaints that they are porcelain-hard and thus not enjoyable
5. Premium, Grade A, Deer Antler Dog Chews
Forget the typical nylon bones or even rawhides, this chew antler is a healthier and tastier solution that comes at an affordable price. They are all-natural and quite long lasting. They are premium quality and top grade (A) and are completely free of preservative, additives and any forms of processing.
- All natural with no additives or preservatives
- Long lasting
- Top quality-A grade
- No relatable cons
4. 100% All Natural (Grade A) Premium Whole Antler Elk Chews (USA-made) by Downtown Pet Supply
Every dog has an intuitive chewing urge and there is no better product to fully satisfy these needs that the antlers from Downtown Pet Supply. Made in the USA, they come free of preservatives and additives and are odor free and subsequently long lasting. They are packed with essential minerals and nutrients and are perfectly suited to boost your pet’s dental health. They come in three sizes small, medium and jumbo/large all which last for considerable amounts of time.
- Hypoallergenic; no additives
- Long lasting
- Odor free
- All natural
- Poor product quality concerns
- Very hard
3. Prairie Dog Pet Antler Toy Dog Split Products
Naturally harvested or shed, the Prairie antlers are a product from the North America. An all-natural chew for dogs, it is a dependable source of numerous vital nutrients important for the dog’s health. Odor free and non-allergic, it is a perfect solution for dogs having sensitive gums or teeth. They are moderately dense and ideal for moderately chewing dogs. They come in diverse shapes, heights and lengths.
- Naturally harvested/shed
- Odor free
- Pictures do not align with the descriptions
- Splinters easily
- Very small
2. Best Bully Sticks (Grade A) Deer and Elk Antler Dog Chews (1 Pack)
Best Bully Sticks are devoted to offering a healthy and pleasant experience for your dog with their amazing products. Emanating from the USA and boasting an assortment of minerals and vitamins in the form of Iron, Calcium, and Zinc, this product is all natural ensuring no side-effects to your pet. They are made with a dense and sturdy texture- a plus for the dental health of your dog. As is common with their products, the antlers are devoid of any additives, chemicals or even preservatives.
- Filled with numerous vitamins and minerals
- All natural
- Free of additives, preservatives, and chemicals
- Dense and sturdy texture
- Easily splintered
- Poor customer service from the makers
1. JimHodgesDogTraining Premium Quality (Grade A) Elk Antlers
Reverse the roles and become that Hero to your dog. How? Get the JimHodges natural antlers which are not only safe but also quite enjoyable to nibble on. They boast a heavier and larger size compared to what is offered by the competition and quite long lasting. They are odorless and mess-free making them a perfect chewing distraction.
They are filled with an assortment of minerals and vitamins including Phosphorus, Calcium, Zinc and Manganese which make them amazing for Tartar control. Considering that they have been naturally shed in the USA and custom cut and sanded to give your dog the best chewing experience, it would be a shame if your much-loved pet missed out on it!
- Can be used indoors since they are mess and odor free
- Filled with numerous mineral and essential vitamins
- Safe-they are preservative and additive free
- All natural and ideal for Tartar control
- No relatable cons
It is no news that dogs like to nibble and chew on things-annoying as it can sometimes be, it has numerous benefits including mental and dental health. Nevertheless, this is not to mean that if they nibble of metal or a shoe, the effect is the same! Unless they are chewing on healthy items such as antler chews, this is the only way they can benefit from it. If you are in search of the best solution to quench that chewing intrigue by your dog, this guideline will go a long way in directing your footsteps.