Are you looking for the tool to protect yourself when you are welding steel or vehicles? Whether you’re a professional or simply just want to weld steel or hard items at home, having a good hard hat welding hood would serve as an important tool to keep you safe and protect your head and face from the hot and dangerous metal pieces when you are welding.
To save you time from having to search for the right one among all welding hoods available right now, this article brings together the reviews of the 8 best ones for you to pick up the necessary information and make the right purchasing decision. Before we dive down into the review and advantages, let us look into the short and concise buying guide for your consideration.
Buying Guides of Hard Hat Welding Hood
Welding helmets are designed to fully cover your head to keep you safe. It keeps your face, neck, and eyes protected from the extreme heat, flying sparks, and metals that come from the welding machine. This heavy-duty welding hood is a must-have tool if you want to use the welding machine. Whether you are looking for fiber metal hard hat welding you are trying to get a protective welding hard hat, you need to consider these three main features:
Hat Material: look for a premium or high-quality material for the welding hoot including the durable hard hat, and the protective cover and filter to ensure it can withstand rough welding environments.
Protective Feature: some protective features you need to keep an eye out for is a good and wide viewing area, auto-darkening covers with optical class rating, good arc sensors to detect flashes and sparks, len shades (between 8-13), and a good power source for your convenience and availability.
Comfort: pay attention to the weight of the welding hoot. It should be lightweight to lessen pressure on your head, neck, and shoulder, and to ensure you can use it for a long duration. You should find the one that comes in a perfect fit size to prevent it from moving around.
Now that you know the main features to consider when getting the perfect hard hat welding hood, let us go through the reviews of the 8 best ones in the market right now and all the necessary information you need to make the right purchasing decision.
8. Gray Thermoplastic Helmet Shell
Gray Thermoplastic Helmet Shell is a welding hard hat that is made with heavy-duty metal fiber for that incredible protective feature. It is manufactured by Fiber-Metal for intensive commercial use to protect welders from hazardous elements from a welding machine. Its front protective cover features the latest safety technology to withstand strong heat, immense lights, and sparks, and it is also comfortable to wear for long-duration use.
- P-241H Shade 10, P-242 Filters
- 5000 Speedy Mounting Loop For Use W/Standard Protective Caps
- Full coverage over the head to neck
- Comfortable to wear
- Wide window frame
7. SPK603 Welding Mask
This is a smart welding hood that features chip-driven technology with a durable front cover to protect your head. This high tech welding mask is more stable with no flicker to better protect your eyes from harm. This is very comfortable to wear, ideal for long-duration use. It has good air circulation and an adjustable fit. It is equipped with high protective features.
- Adjustable vacant circle
- Equipped with a safety helmet
- Optical grade: Level 1
- Shading range: dark state 4-13 level
- Corresponding time: 0.1 milliseconds rapid light
- Window size: 93 x 42mm, Operating temperature: -15 ° ~ 60 °
6. 3M Speedglas 100 Welding Helmet Black
The Speedglas 100 Black Helmet with Auto-Darkening Filter 100V is a good choice for professional welders. The manufacturer 3M is well known for its protective hard hat. This model features a high-quality hard hat and high tech front mask. It comes with 3M’s famous protective features for welding. It is also comfortable to wear with 4-point ratchet suspension and great fit. The view area is also wider for great vision.
- Dark shades 8 through
- Viewing area of 6.05 sq.in.
- Three user-selectable sensitivity levels
- Auto Darkening Filter 100V,
- Hard hat and hard hat adapter included
- Three sensitivity settings of the lens
5. YESWELDER Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
This welding helmet from YESWELDER provides you with a large view screen with true color solar power. It features an auto-darkening welding filter with great protective features for your safety. It is a one-piece welding hood for perfect fit and higher protection from heat and sparks. You can easily wear this welding hood for a long duration without feeling pain in the neck or shoulder.
- Large Viewing Screen 3.94″X3.27″
- Plasma Applications with Grinding Feature
- Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- 4 premium Arc Sensor
- Increase battery life
- Superior comfort with the pivot style headgear
4. Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Welding Helmet, Black
This 3350 Series welding helmet brings you the exclusive 4C lens technology for a crystal clear and true-color view of the arc and puddle. This helps welders to have perfect control and increases weld quality. It also helps users to reduce eye strain and protect their faces from flying parks and metal debris. It has an extra-large lens, comfortable wear, and a 3 years long warranty of great safety features.
- Exclusive 4C lens technology: crystal clear view
- Increases weld quality while reducing eye strain
- 1/1/1/1 optical clarity rating
- Consistent brightness and performance
- The 12.5 square inch auto-darkening lens
- X6 Headgear contours for comfort
- 3-year warranty
3. Sellstrom Bucket Style Passive Welding Helmet
This model from Sellstrom features a bucket style passive welding helmet for your perfect safety. It is designed with bucket shape with extended head protection and chin guard. This welding helmet is lightweight yet durable. It is molded from Super Tuff Nylon with a ratchet headgear for your extra comfort and long duration use. You can effectively weld with this useful and easy to use welding hood.
- Lightweight, Durable, Bucket Style
- Ratchet Headgear, 2″ x 4.25″ Lift Front
- Durable Super Tuff Nylon, Black
- Extended head protection and chin guard
- Front Lift with spring-loaded positive lock feature
- Meets ANSI Z87.1 Standards, CUL Certified to CAN/CSA Z94.3
2. Antra Welding Helmet Auto Darkening DP9
This is another Auto-Darkening welding hood in the list from Antra. This brand provides you with ANSI Z87.1 standards protection and it is engineered for industrial use. The hat comes with a passive filter with a minimum permanent shade of 14 to UV/IR. This hood has a wide viewing area and crystal clear lens for great visibility and accuracy. It has a great arc sensor and reaction time. It is also comfortable to wear with perfect fit and protective extension to your chin and neck.
- Minimum permanent shade 14 to UV/IR
- Triple-layered auto-dimming LCD shutter
- Large viewing area, automatic lens 3.86X3.23″
- Comfortable to wear
- 4 Premium redundant arc sensors
- Super-fast switching time
- Accurate auto shading
1. Antra Welding Helmet Auto Darkening A77D
This is another welding helmet from Antra but with the higher and more intensive A77D model. They provide you with a passive filter with permanent shade 14 to UV/IR, combined with a double-layered auto-dimming LCD shutter. It meets with ANSI Z87.1 Standards. It is useful and easy for you to put on with a large viewing area, automatic lens, premium arc sensors, and super quick reaction time. This allows for your higher safety precaution.
- Automatic lens 3.86X3.23″ (12.5 SQI),
- Extra lightweight, full coverage
- 4 Premium redundant arc sensors
- Highly responsive detecting and controlling units
- Fast switching time and accurate auto shading
- Interference Suppression Technologies
- Can handle Plasma Cutting, abrasive wheel cutting/grinding
- This hat has a miller digital elite hard hat adapter
Now that you have gone through all the reviews of these 8 hard hat welding hoods available right now, we believe you are well equipped with general specs and what to look for in a good welding hood to use for your protection. Remember to consider the quality of the hat material, its comfort design, and protective features when you are trying to get a good one either for your profession or home-use. Happy shopping!