If you want to add beauty and elegance to your garden, you need a solar-powered water pump. It’s cost-effective, and no wiring is needed. But because these gadgets come in various designs, picking the right unit can be an overwhelming task. The most important aspect to consider when making your investment decision is pressure. It measures the force for pumping water and is usually expressed in bars. Another key characteristic is the flow rate. It explains the number of cubic meters that are being pumped per minute. Here are some of the best solar water pumps to add to your garden.
10. LATITOP Solar Fountain Pump
LATITOP is an excellent pump that doesn’t compromise on performance. The kit includes one solar fountain panel, a pouch, and a user manual.
- Powerful battery: The solar water fountain pump comes with a powerful 2.4W solar panel and a 300mAh battery. It will continue operating even when it’s covered with a cloud.
- Water-shortage protection: If the pump detects water shortage, it will automatically switch to the protection system. Once this function is activated, you should cover the solar panel for a few seconds and re-put it in the pond. Then, it will release the protection function and work again.
- Fountainheads: This unit comes with four sprinkler heads for different water flows. This adds more fun to your garden. When you install the pump, you should ensure there’s enough water to cover it.
- Compact and powerful: The solar panel will give a maximum water flow of 150L/h. While the fountain’s height will depend on the strength of the sun, you expect a maximum height of 30 to 60 cm. However, the solar birdbath fountain can give a lift of up to 70 cm.
- Ease of use: When the solar panel is exposed to maximum sunlight, it will start working after 3 seconds. This explains why it’s suitable for a fish tank, birdbath, pool, and small pond decoration.
9. AEO Solar Pump Kit
AEO pump is specially designed for DIY garden projects like aquariums, solar fountains, greenhouses, boating, aquaculture, and ponds. This unit is different because it can maintain top performance even on cloudy days.
- 10-watt solar panel: The panel is capable of pumping 200-gallon water per hour under full sunlight. The body is made of an aluminum frame to ensure the durability of the unit. What’s more, it gives a maximum flow rate of 610 L per hour and a maximum head pump of 161 GPH. To use the pump, you should immerse it in water and then place the panel under the sun.
- 16 feet cord: Although the package will come with a ground stake, the cord allows for flexibility. You can place the pump at any place for your convenience.
- Brushless Motor: It can be used 24/7 and allows for more than 20,000 hours of operation. For this particular set, no wiring is required. Keep in mind that this unit comes with a two-pin waterproof connector.
8. Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit
This is a simple system that works for various DIY applications, including pools, hydroponics, greenhouses, aquaculture, and remote water pumping. Because the solar panel connects to a submersible water pump, it provides instant water supply without the need for electrical hustles or additional wiring. This is the best kit if you want to save the expensive monthly bills.
- Brushless magnetic pump: It comes with a removable pre-filter to prevent the debris from clogging the impeller. Under optimal conditions, this unit will give a maximum lift of 6.5 feet. It also comes with other features like dry sun protection and adjustable flow control.
- 20-watt solar panel: It’s framed with aluminum for maximum durability. The panel comes with a stake and 16″ extension cord. Although the cord is sold separately, the manufacturer recommends installing the solar a few feet away from the pump. Generally, the flow rate will depend on the exact amount of sun that hits the solar panel. The only downside with this system is that it doesn’t have a battery, so that it won’t run at night.
- Plug and play: The plug-and-play design allow the user to start pumping water in seconds. It quickly connects to the submersible water tank without complicated wires. Of course, you don’t have to worry about using extension cords in your yard.
- The multitude of uses: This unit is designed to help you add tranquility to your landscape to attract wildlife. If you have running water in your yard, this can be a great way to attract birds. And believe it or not, you can use the unit to pump water in animal troughs.
7. LEWISIA 5W Water solar pump
This is the perfect pump for your aquarium, pond, and birdbath. It’s specially designed for individuals that value durability without compromising performance. Another interesting fact is that the pump can allow you to adjust the water height.
- Separate solar panel: The unit comes with a 10 feet cord to connect the solar with the pump. This means that you can place the panel at any distance you want and keep the birdbath in the sun. When you install the solar panel, you should run a quick performance test. First, you should empty the air in the pump before you throw it into the water. It’s worth mentioning that the solar panel will not work under the shade. You should also avoid using it if the water is too low or when the pump outlet is blocked.
- Bag filter: It ensures the pump doesn’t get blocked. A general rule of thumb is never to allow the pump to work long without water; otherwise, the lifespan will shorten. Secondly, you should clean the pump regularly to prevent it from being clogged.
- Maximum flow: Unlike most solar-powered solar pumps, this unit has a fixed flow rate. But the actual flow will depend on the amount of sunlight that hits the solar panel. The water flow can also be adjusted by constricting or tightening the tubing.
6. Viajero Solar Fountain Pump
If you’re looking for a fountain pump that works well on cloudy days, you won’t be disappointed with the Viajero pump. The unit consists of a solar panel and a battery for backup. You can use the fountain panel on a patio, lawn, or garden.
- Intelligent circuitry: The solar panel will continue to spray water consistently, even if it’s covered by debris. This is not always the case with other types of solar-powered fountains.
- Panels and battery: The 2.5W solar panel stores solar energy in an 800mAh battery. Because they work together, you can be sure you’ll have a continuous flow of water in your fountain. The solar panels are made of premium materials and will not deform or break with time. And they will continue working without showing any signs of wear or tear.
- Nozzles: The solar fountain pump comes with four different nozzles to ensure you get a unique water show. Before you use this unit, make sure there’s enough water in the pool.
- Multi-application: You can place the solar fountain pump in different places. Depending on your needs, you can place it on a pond or fish tank. Alternatively, you can use it to beautify your courtyard or garden. The pump will also make swimming in your pool a lot more fun.
Other Topic: Best Solar Powered Well Pumps 2020 Reviews
5. WEVOVE Solar Fountain Pump
This is a great pump for people who want to store solar energy on a cloudy day. Because the panel is built with high-quality materials, it won’t break even when debris falls. This model is great for birdbaths, ponds, and fountains.
- 6 Spray Heads: Once you place the unit in water, it will take 3 seconds to start working. The 6 nozzle heads will help you change the pattern as well as the height. Note: the more sunlight gets into the panels, the higher the water will go.
- Built-in level monitor: The pump will shut off if the water level goes too low. It will restart automatically when the water level goes higher. This improves the service life of the pump.
- Brushless motor: It helps to increase the fountain’s speed, and most importantly, it ensures the pump receives the right output power.
4. MADETEC 2.5W Solar Water Fountain Pump
MADETEC is the best solar-powered water pump for irrigation. It’s designed to decorate and bring vitality to your garden without the use of an external battery.
- Battery: While the pump is powered by solar, it comes with a battery to store power. No matter the weather, you can be sure the unit will continue working normally. The battery is built-in, not separate.
- Spray heads: The pump has 6 spray heads that allow you to choose the water pattern that suits you best. To make your garden more dynamic and beautiful, you can create the landscape you want.
- Brushless motor: The built-in brushless motor guarantees lower energy consumption and longer service life. It converts sunlight to power in seconds. Besides that, the motor offers plenty of advantages like lower electromagnetic interference and more torque per watt.
- Applications: The pump can be installed in a fish tank, pool, small pond, or garden. Depending on how you place it, it could attract birds’ attention to bring more fun to the family.
- Protection system: Once you engage the protection system, you should place the unit in a dark environment for about 5 seconds. After that, you should re-put it in the pond or birdbath to disengage the protection function.
3. ECO-WORTHY Solar Fountain Water Pump
ECO-WORTHY is a renowned manufacturer of solar products. The company provides high-quality pumps at an affordable price.
- 10-W solar panel: The solar panel features a durable aluminum frame and allows you to use the angle that suits you best. Under ideal conditions, the unit will give a maximum lift height of 5.6 feet and a flow rate of 160 gallons per hour. Make sure the solar panel faces the sunlight directly. Don’t forget to clean it every two weeks.
- Multi-application: Because the pump is maintenance-free, it can be used in a variety of applications. This makes your garden appear more attractive to the neighbors and attract those little animals. You can use this product in waterfalls, streams, ponds, pools, and natural troughs.
- Easy to use: Once you take the unit out of the box, you assemble the fountain hose and connect the sprinkler head. After that, you should connect the pump with the solar and put it in the pond. It’s that simple.
Other Topic: Best Inline Water Pumps 2020 Reviews
2. FEEKE Solar Fountain Pump
This fountain pump will continue working even when the sunlight is weak. When you set it up, it will run automatically in 3 seconds. You can move the unit to a place that suits you best.
- Built-in Battery: The powerful battery ensures the water continues to flow in the pond to preserve aquatic life. Always make sure the panel is exposed directly to the sun without any obstructions.
- Nozzles: There are 6 different nozzles to meet your needs. This will catch the attention of neighbors. But to ensure the water doesn’t spill outside the basin, you should adjust the nozzles to meet your needs.
- Long service life: The solar fountain will give 10,000 hours of service life thanks to the brilliant technology. For the pump to stay in position, you should ensure there’s sufficient water in the pond.
1. SYIHLON 3.0W Solar Fountain Pump
SYIHLON pump auto-sprays under sunlight without the need for extra power. It can be used in many applications, including a fish tank, pond, birdbath, and pool.
- Powerful panel and battery: SYIHLON pump comes with a 1200mAh battery that stores solar energy when the fountain is working in the sun. The solar panels are PET-laminated, so you can be sure they won’t break or deform with time.
- Intelligent circuitry: When 2-3 panels are covered by debris, the rest will continue working. Since the package has 6 nozzles, you can choose the pattern that suits you best.
- Water-shortage protection function: If the nozzles get blocked by debris, the pump may not allow water to pass through. It will stop working until you correct the problem.
The above products will help to pump water in your garden or yard during the sunny season, saving a lot of energy in the long-run. Unlike conventional electric pumps, solar-powered pumps are eco-friendly, easy to install and guarantee a continuous supply of water. It’s time you harness solar energy to move water in your home.